We have a vacancy for a graduate planner/environmentalist to join us. If you; relish a challenge; want to make a difference to society and the environment; share our values about people, planet, and profit then why not apply?
We have a diverse range of commissions across England which will allow you to develop your skills and talents – on a day to day basis the successful applicant will have the opportunity to;
- Regularly be required to solve problems and develop innovative solutions;
- Undertake site visits as required as part of a project;
- Attend meetings with clients and other stakeholders;
- Undertake empirical research associated with commissions
- Assist with:
- Preparing and submitting planning applications
- Site appraisals
- Evidence based studies
- Policy reviews
- Analysis and research related to Local Plan or policy preparation
- Co-ordination of environmental assessments
You will be expected to;
- Plan your work and from time to time that of others;
- Keep time-sheets and records of your work
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety, environmental and managerial procedures; and
- Work towards professional qualifications and undertake continuing professional development and training
Essential: Excellent written and oral communication skills, committed to environmental conservation, demonstrable interest in the built and or natural environment, excellent interpersonal skills, numerate, motivated and conscientious, ability to work individually or as part of a team, ability to undertake primary and secondary research in support of preparing reports and documents.
Ability to drive, ability to use software packages e.g wordpress, Microsoft office suite, etc
Desirable: qualification in environmental/planning legislation, experience of using AutoCAD, experience of copy writing
Salary – Negotiable
Applications should be in writing and addressed to email@example.com
Closing date for applications – 3rd September 2018.