We are a small, values-driven planning, environmental and sustainability consultancy with offices in Newcastle and Birmingham looking for a Graduate Planner to join our rapidly expanding business.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Prepare reports summarising analysis and findings
- Regularly be required to solve problems and develop innovative solutions
- Undertake site visits as required
- Attend meetings with clients and other stakeholders
- Prepare and submit planning applications
- Undertake research and site appraisals related to specific sites and Local Plan or policy preparation
- Contribute to the preparation of environmental assessments
- Support tender preparation
- Plan your work and from time to time that of others
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety, environmental, quality and managerial procedures; and
- Work towards professional qualifications and undertake training
Essential Characteristics: Graduate in a degree recognised by the RTPI; excellent written and oral communication skills, committed to environmental conservation, demonstrable interest in the built and natural environment, excellent interpersonal skills, motivated and conscientious, ability to work individually or as part of a team, ability to undertake primary and secondary research in support of preparing reports and documents.
Ability to drive, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to use standard software packages e.g wordpress, Microsoft office suite, etc.
Desirable: qualification in environmental sciences/planning, familiar with relevant legislation, experience of using AutoCAD, experience of copy writing.
The successful candidate will be offered the opportunity to start or continue their route to professional membership of a recognised institute – anticipated to be the Royal Town Planning Institute. Fees and training costs will be paid. Rapid progression is anticipated for an an enthusiastic and ambitious candidate. Close mentoring will be provided and a diverse range of experiences and skills can be expected to be gained by a motivated and committed candidate.
Salary is competitive and negotiable for the right candidate.
Closing date for applications: 20th July 2020.
Interviews to be held: 10th – 11th August 2020.
Expected start date: 1st September or as otherwise agreed.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Graduate Planner Application’.
Newcastle University students and graduates can also apply here.