Are you committed to sustainability with a key interest in planning and development?
Are you entrepreneurial, innovative and driven?
We may just have the role for you!
We are a small, values-driven planning and environmental consultancy based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne looking for a Town Planner (Graduate) to join our rapidly-expanding team. Expected to start in Spring/Summer of 2021.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Undertake research
- Prepare reports, summarising analysis and findings;
- Regularly be required to solve problems and develop innovative solutions;
- Undertake site visits as required as part of a project;
- Attend meetings with clients and other stakeholders;
- Assist with:
- preparing and submitting planning applications
- site appraisals
- evidence base studies
- policy reviews
- co-ordination of environmental assessments
- Support tender preparation;
- Plan your work;
- Ensure compliance with health & safety, environmental and managerial procedures; and
- Work towards professional qualifications and undertake training.
What we look for:
- Experience of working either in a local planning authority or a planning consultancy would be beneficial.
- We encourage graduates with ambition, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude to problem-solving.
- We recognise that people are the key to success. As such we are committed to ensuring that we provide a varied workload and the right balance of on and off the job training. The successful candidate will be supported and encouraged to reach their full potential.
- Applicants should be studying towards a degree in Town and Country Planning or a directly related subject.
- We might consider exceptional candidates with qualifications in other subjects such as Architecture, Surveying or similar.
- A Master’s degree in Planning or a related subject would be beneficial but is not essential.
The successful candidate will:
- Be highly self-motivated and ambitious;
- Possess excellent information technology, digital and analytical skills and be able to demonstrate a creative approach to using these to solve problems;
- Be enthusiastic about Town Planning and how we shape our urban and rural environment;
- Have excellent digital, verbal and written communication skills;
- Be able to work within a team and be able to build excellent working relationships with colleagues and clients;
- Have the ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams;
- Have the drive and self motivation to achieve chartered status and to continuously develop technical & behavioural skills;
- Have the ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions;
- Possess the initiative to work independently;
- Have a questioning/challenging approach;
- Show strong attention to detail and the ability to make correct judgements;
- Demonstrate a commercial and client focused approach;
- Be flexible with respect to travel and working location.
In return for these skills and experience we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- Excellent training prospects.
- Flexible working arrangements including opportunity to take time off in lieu.
- Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Closing date is the 8th of May, 2021.