We are a small, values-driven planning, environmental and sustainability consultancy with offices in Newcastle and Birmingham and are looking for a Finance and Office Manager to join our rapidly expanding business.
The successful candidate will be based in the Newcastle office and be responsible for:
- Maintaining and updating company financial records,
- Raising and monitoring invoices,
- Using Sage 50 Cloud Accounts to maintain records of Sales, Purchases, VAT etc.,
- Authorising and reconciling staff expenses, petty cash, and other expenditure,
- Maintaining Human Resources records and the Sage HR system,
- Liaison with company accountants to approve monthly payroll and pension,
- Maintaining and updating company income and expenditure using Sage accounts,
- Providing financial updates to and attending monthly board meetings,
- Managing the supplies and services required for the efficient operation of the office,
- Maintaining and updating company policies and procedures,
- Supporting the company directors on human resources and other matters.
The existing Office Manager will be available for an extended handover period, she will then still be available as a member of the board. Training will be provided to the successful candidate who will be expected to be able at interview to demonstrate how they are entrepreneurial, innovative, driven, and enthusiastic.
The successful candidate will have:
- Practical experience of book-keeping, VAT, payroll, pension, and accounts for a small business,
- An interest and commitment to environmental sustainability,
- Excellent numeracy, oral and written skills,
- Experience of using Sage accounts or similar,
- Excellent IT skills,
- A working knowledge of documented quality and/or environmental management systems.
A start in the summer of 2021 would be ideal however the start date is flexible for the right candidate.
Flexible working arrangements are available and the remuneration package is competitive and negotiable.
Interested in becoming our next finance and office manager? Please send a covering letter and CV to with details of current remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is 20th June 2021.